Dear Parents and Guardians,
Bula and welcome to your Parents, Teachers & Friends Association page. When you enter the school one of the first things you’ll notice are the happy, welcoming smiles of our students, teachers and staff.
Beginning with the first day you set foot on the campus you’ll see the PTFA working to build a strong community of support. An international school like ours brings together a large variety of cultural backgrounds and we all work to create a safe, happy environment that offers quality education.
All ISS parents and teachers are automatically given PTFA membership and hence your help, advice, and input is very valuable, especially as you could offer us your experiences gained from your previous school(s).
There is a Parent Liaison (PL) in each level dedicated to enhancing communication between your child’s pastoral teacher and you. The ISS Parent Liaisons want to help you feel a part of our community. PLs are happy to answer questions ranging from school activities for your child, as well as activities for you and even general questions about Fiji. We’re here to help new students and parents make a great start in Fiji. We believe that building a bridge between our families and our school is the key to our children’s academic success.
You’re invited to all our events: We start the year with a 'Bula Vinaka' party after the Parent Information nights. Each month there are regular PTFA meetings, a PTFA book club, and a PTFA social hour. Other events occur throughout the year, which includes our annual family Fun day, a Quiz & Curry night, an end of year Garage Sale and more.
Please check the PTFA webpage and our regularly updated PTFA calendar. There are also regular updates in the school newsletter, (Talanoa).
Unsure if PTFA is right for you? Here are some reasons to participate in the ISS PTFA:
- Get Connected - It is a great way to know what’s happening in ISS.
- Tap into a Network - PTFA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow - By volunteering with your PTFA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause towards your child and all the children in our community.
- Speak Up - PTFA can be a way for you to effectively suggest positive change within the school.
- Witness Improvement - By getting involved at your child’s school, you’ll be part of the solution in helping improve the educational environment for all of our children. PTFA plays an important role in fundraising to provide social events for our school community and improve school facilities for our children. We also donate 10% of our funds to charity projects where the school is involved.
- Be a Role Model - By becoming an ISS PTFA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
ISS PTFA Committee