Assessment is an integral part of teaching and learning and is on-going at ISS. Assessment tasks for Semester Two 2016 are contained in this booklet and they are listed by subject. The tasks are also ordered by the week when they are due and you will find this at the back of the book.
Please note the following points:
- The weeks are ordered over the entire semester, weeks 1 – 20.
- Student task sheets should be printed out and given to students, with the relevant marking criteria included.
- Not all tasks are done at home. Some are done in class and these are indicated by an asterisk. In addition to these major assessment tasks, smaller, formative tasks may be issued in the intervening weeks.
- Due dates are approximate and are provided more as a guide for when the assessments should take place. They may change if unforeseen circumstances prevent them from happening.
Key examination periods for all students are in Week 7 and 16 for most year levels. This semester students will be expected to participate in the following:
- Year 9 – Exams based on all work completed this year in Week 16
- Year 10 – Mock Examinations based on the full two years of work in Week 7
- Year 11 IB Diploma - Exams based on all work completed this year in Week 16
- Year 12 IB Diploma – Mock Examinations based on the full two years of work in Week 7
- Year 11 and 12 ACT – Assessment tasks are as listed, in some case two 0.5 units will complete the semester rather than a 1.0 unit.
Please do not hesitate to contact the teacher concerned or myself, for clarification if required.